Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Guitar

Well, I did it.

I bought my first guitar.

Well, technically it's my second. I got my first guitar, a Takamine G-Series Dreadnought, for my 18th birthday from my family, and it sat unused for the better part of a year and a half before I picked it up to start learning.
I've been playing for about three years or so now, and finally thought it was time to move on.

I love my Takamine, and it will forever be my first guitar--the one I learned to play on, the one I used to lead music at camp and at worship services. But it's not quite adequate for the type of music I want to play now.

I ended up paying $260 for an Alvarez FF60WR on ebay. It comes with a hard case. It looks like a fantastic guitar, and--the most important part--it's an electric acoustic. For years I've struggled with not being able to plug my little dreadnought in, and the FF60WR comes with a System 600 MKII preamp and EQ. I don't think the FF60WR is made anymore, but the list price used to be around $700 or $800, if I remember right. Plus, the guy I bought it from threw in a hard case, as well. I think I got a pretty sweet deal, but we shall see.

Here's a weird, sideways Bob Dylan-ish demonstration.

1 comment:

  1. I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informations.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete