Monday, March 29, 2010

Holy Week and Stuff

I don't really know how many people read this blog (I don't know how many views I get on a regular basis--probably not many, but some comments sure would be nice, just to know people are reading. Hint hint), so I'm not really sure how religious you folks are.

I'm taking a week off of facebook to disconnect myself a little, to try to clear my head and think and pray a little bit. It's Holy Week, the most sacred time of the year on the Christian calendar, which remembers the last week Jesus was alive in Jerusalem before the Romans executed him as a revolutionary. So I'm taking some time to myself to meditate on what it means to follow the heart of Christ. I think that the crux (no pun intended) of Jesus's message is that if you believe in something strongly enough, and you're willing to fight for it--nonviolently--you have to be prepared for the consequences. That's a lot of theology packed into a tight paragraph, but it's all I'm really willing to go for tonight. Please don't think I'm a crazy religious fanatic. By the way, on a obliquely similar but completely different subject: if you're interested in reading a paper I just wrote on Luke's beatitudes ("Blessed are you who..."), you can check it out at my more politically/religiously charged blog here. Let me know what you think.

Anyway. Here's my new obsession, which I mentioned a few weeks ago.

t's really similar to a monome, but a couple hundred dollars cheaper. In this video, the program being run is very similar to an iPhone app I saw Matt use once, but I'm hoping (once I acquire one) to move on to some more difficult programming. I feel like I'm on the verge of having everything I need (want) to make the kind of music I'm looking for. It just might take me a while to get there, what with me getting married and all. :) It looks like I won't be playing much music for a while pretty soon.

My posts here might increase slightly in the next week, since I won't be on facebook. Be sure to check in on me periodically.

Peace,

Joshua

2 comments:

  1. **Generic comment affirming readership of this blog.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Second generic comment affirming readership of this blog.**

    ReplyDelete